Thursday, February 20, 2014

Whats the word on Becoming a CNA?

Well, so far to get the funding for my classes to become a CNA I need to jump through hoops and meet with an employment counselor even though this is to add on to my current self-employment of a housekeeper and pet sitter

So it looks like I will not be taking the classes till April 2014. :/ Oh well. I also still need my BP Cuff and Stethoscope.

On the upside I have figured out a sitter situation for my daughter while I am in my CNA classes and I am IN in Volunteering gig at the Hospital.

Yesterday they had did my TB, Background and Drug Test. (my first ever drug test, it was weird, I have only ever had one in Job Corps and my prior corporate job never did them).  Friday I have to go back to check on my TB test and then I have to wait a couple of weeks for my background check to be done then I will get orientation, tour, uniform, badge etc.

Volunteering at the hospital will give me the experience as I need being a CNA and get me out of the house. Still my ultimate goal is caring for 1-2 elderly weekly independently.


No comments:

Post a Comment