Saturday, February 15, 2014

To Be or Not To Be a Nurse....That is the Question

So getting ready to take my CNA classes and hear from the hospital about volunteering, so in the mean time I have been asking a lot of questions in CNA Facebook Groups, Researching and Observing. One of my thoughts are on deciding to become a Registered Nurse.

This Blog is about Everything Nursing. although my main goal is right to just be a CNA, I have considered in the future getting my Bachelors in Nursing but I may just go to school for it and stick to being a CNA.

 See I like to go against the grain, I feel like the CNAs get to be more rebellious or something idk lol! But what I dont like is being treated like shit by Nurses and such based on my occupation of CHOICE.

I think though when I was in the hospital the CNAs were the most helpful and whom I remembered more than everyone else.

The 4 big differences I have noticed between a RN and a CNA are:
 1) As a Nurse you dont have much time with the Patients (not as personable) like the CNAs do

2) Nurses are Paid Better

3) Nurses are Treated Better

4) CNAs only have average 4 week training and Nurses have 2-4 year college degree training. 

Plus aside from those major differences there is more paperwork involved, seems less hands on, idk. Mostly deal with shots and scripts etc. in being a Nurse.

I just want to right now become a CNA with the proper certifications and take care of a couple of elderly independently.

Then down the line work full time and go to school full time once L is grown up. Healthcare is a career field I never thought I would want to be apart of in the first place. So one step at a time. :p

Side Note: I got a sitter for two weeks while I take my  CNA classes, now I just need to get my BP Cuff and Stethoscope.  Next to make an appt with social services to see about paying for my classes.


No comments:

Post a Comment