Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tour, Badge & Uniform at Hospital Today

So today after I took my daughter to school I went to the hospital to do my tour, get my badge and uniform. It was AWESOME! So excited! I start tomorrow.

I get free lunch after working my 4 hour shift, I will be working in the medical/surgery dept. We already have an volunteer awards party coming up in April.

I know I will be doing a lot of folding and restocking in the dept but according to my itemized duties list for my area I will be working with patients too such as bringing them magazines & books, reading to them and if they request me to visit them. Plus handle some call lights and let RNs know about patients needs. Which is also in line with the work a CNA does.

Speaking of CNA. I got a call today about my funding for my classes and I have an appt with them either this week or next week. We have been basically playing phone tag.

Another thing I am looking into is getting a very part time job in my new field either in nursing home or those with disabilities. I have a couple of connections between the hospital I volunteer at and a couple of people I know.

I will be upgrading both my Care.com and SitterCity.com to get more work to me around my schedule.

More tomorrow on my 1st Day! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment