Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ok....So What Now??

So Friday April 25th was last day of my CNA classes. I passed my class final with an 89% ,need to make up 12 classroom hours since I missed 2 school days and completed my Clinicals.

Once I complete my classroom hours I register to take my state test. Im less nervous than I originally was, still need to study my ass off and learn my skills down to a T. Im seeking independent employment with the elderly and/or persons with disabilities doing home care so I can bring my daughter along with me.

I will also be taking my Basic Life Support Class for Healthcare Professionals next week. I would like to take more classes  as well such as Phlebotomy, Human Anatomy Cadaver class and others.

Im thinking about either MA or RN. idk. I dont want to be a paperwork nurse, I want to be a patient care nurse or medical assistant that is involved in patient care. If I wanted to continue with office admin shit I would have stuck to being a customer service rep.

 I think now my ultimate goal is to own my own long term care facility after taking my clinicals at a dump and feeling sorry for those poor residents who have to deal with that daily. I plan on visiting there though again with the residents since that is the only thing I liked about that place.

The Philosphy I want to live by in the medical field is Patch Adams. Or my Clinical Nurse Instructor. She is a patient care nurse, communicates with her residents and CNAs and CARES. She loves doing CNA stuff and helping out her CNAs when she can. THAT is what I would want to be if I ever decide to become an RN. Personally after my contact with RNs Im unsure but the can always change with one person. If every RN followed the same principle and philosophy.

If I ever work anywhere it would be a hospice, home care or long term care facility. I have no desire to work in a hospital.

Well stay tuned and if you are in the Salt Lake City area, I am available for home care for your elderly family member. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment