Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Funding Approved for CNA Classes BUT....

First they need for me to PROVE I can really do this CNA job....

So they made a list of things for me to do. Which I did the VERY same day after my meeting with DWS. This aint no joke to me. (meeting was Thursday, March 27th 2014 at 930am)

First thing I had to do was get a letter from the school stating all the additional fees I would incur aside from the cost of the class. Such as needing a stethoscope, bp cuff, scrubs, plus costs to take the state exams and such so I can get my certificate/license to be an official Certified Nursing Assistant. I did, as soon as I got home I emailed the school and asked them for my request via the DWS in order to get my funding and then I saved the file and sent the first email regarding the school costs with an official letter head from the school.

Second thing I needed to do was get info from my friend who was going to watch my daughter during that time after school and on spring break (since its around the same time) of how much she would charge hourly. Now, my friend is a really good friend and stating she would do it for free. But I wasnt going to put her out like that. She is a stay at home mom and we all need money for our family and bills. So I got the info from her and then emailed the DWS counselor the info. 

Third and most important I had to justify that I can get a CNA on my schedule and MY terms. So I had to send her 7 jobs that have flexible shifts to become a CNA. Which I did and found very easily. (she only requested 5 total) Because the 2nd meeting with her and at the beginning she stated "Im sorry but as a CNA with no experience starting out you will need to work graveyard and a 12 hour shift because of other experience I had with other CNAs". CALLED BULLSHIT! Some healthcare jobs are VERY flexible with your needs based on what I found and since I had been researching this for awhile.

I do want to make it quite clear though, I told her if for some reason she decides I will not get the money for my classes, I will raise the money myself some way. She told me she didnt want me leaving feeling like that. Well....So I told her well Im looking at all my options and if I cannot fulfill your requirements then I will get it myself although I would prefer to get it from yall. 

See, I cannot work a regular 12 hour shift or graveyard right now as a Nurses Assistant because Im also a housekeeper & pet sitter for my parents who are over the road truck drivers and they need me to take care of the pets, run errands and clean the house and I quit my corporate call center career for an big shipping company back in March 2012 (which I was with for 6 years) so I can help my parents while they are on the road working.

Plus, ALL my daughters life she has been in daycare or had a sitter. NO MAS! I will not put her in daycare again. I will work 1-2 days a week while she is in school and figure out what to do during the summer and holidays when she is out of school. Hence I need a VERY flexible schedule.

And now again I WAIT! The class starts on Monday, April 14th. So Im kind of on edge now waiting for this process to hurry up! They did send out the visa card that I need to activate but monies are to be determined by what I need for my classes and childcare.

During the 2 week training I cannot put my focus anywhere except on my classes so I can pass and get my certificate and be done! Which I will let everyone around me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment