Tuesday, April 15, 2014

1st & 2nd Day CNA Training

Classes started on Monday...We did book work, received our books & supplies, learned how to make a residents bed and do vitals for blood pressure and pulse. I also slept in the morning of class.

I was really exhausted after school, I was up for a few hours and then fell asleep during the movie Coneheads. I did not do my homework for Monday night so I tried to get up at 5:30am today and do it then but I only got through a couple of pages.

So, today, ALL day today, we worked on Chapter 2 and watched videos. Chapter 2 was the longest chapter ever and I am happy it was finally done. I also slept in the morning of class again :p I guess nothing unusual since in High School I slept in school too lol!

Anyway today we made residents beds again and did more vitals. We need to practice vitals 50 times or the paper will get returned back until its completed. On Chapter 1, I got 100% on the quiz and today on Chapter 2, I got 87% I wasnt too concerned since I passed.

Now we are skipping over to Chapter 6 which is due tomorrow and I did that today during class so I have more time to relax. We are getting skills done since we are doing Clinicals next week so we need those done first before we can do our hands on work.

Tomorrow we need to wear a pair of clothes over our scrubs so we can learn how to change and dress residents and then Friday we are bringing a cup, snack and spoon so we can learn how to feed residents. Its quite amusing but fun. :D

I asked our teacher (who is an RN) if they really are phasing out LPNs and she said yes and I also asked her about accelerated RN courses and she said those only work for those who already have a degree in something. I digress on the latter though.

Im loving training though, its so different than what I am used to doing. :) The medical field is really new to me, vs what I normally have done which is call center customer service - office admin - internet network marketing - telemarketing. I really think CNA is what I was meant to do since I like caring for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment