Wednesday, January 29, 2014

First Step

So, I have been googling CNA classes and found the place I wanted to attend. The Challenge is getting the money together & having someone watch L while I am in class for 3 weeks. So, I am waiting until my tax refund and going to see if my daughter's friend can watch her after school for 3 weeks, if not I will find another alternative method. So it will be a month or so before I actually take the class. But I promised my daughter, who has been in daycare for years when I worked full time outside the house that I will not put her in daycare ever again.

So, in the meantime, yesterday I had filled out paperwork to volunteer at the hospital where I actually stayed at during my emergency appendicitis removal. Now I am waiting to hear from them about doing the interview. They require at least 100 hours of service within a year, minimum one day a week, a 4 hour day. Which I am def capable and willing to do. I put one day but I was thinking of making it two days a week since my daughter will be out of school in the summer for 3 months. I have been looking at getting scrubs or seeing if my mom still had hers since she worked in the medical field as well.

I am also looking at taking CPR/First Aid classes as well. I found one at that same hospital. There are online classes, but trying to take online college a few years back, I know I am def better in a classroom setting and I want to get out and talk to people as well.

I have also revised my resume to include what I have been doing the last two years since I quit my employment with UPS. Im more anxiously awaiting to add new education and volunteer work to my resume. 

So keep yall updated! : D

No comments:

Post a Comment